Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week 33

Ok.  I have a confession.  These last few weeks I've had a very hard time finding the time to paint.  At school, at home, anywhere.  Ours little lives have gotten super busy.  And honestly I don't even know what with.  Usually I can sneak a little painting time in during my lunch at school.  But not lately.  I joked on FB Saturday that I would get into my studio or else.  And then proceeded to photograph the clock in the Jeep as the day went buy and I was still playing chauffeur!!  I did finally get into my studio at 3:00 yesterday.  Only to have to leave again by 5:00 for a family dinner.  By the time we got home I was bed bound.

Today though, after church I was well feed both spiritually and physically so off I headed to the studio to paint week 33 and put some finishing touches on products for the Marist Show.  It was amazing being in the studio.  It was quiet.  Everything was where I needed it.  I had my paint brushes, not yucky school brushes.  It was perfect.  I got SO MUCH DONE.  So much so, that I took a break and went on a 6.5 mile run.  I love it when everything seems to flow seamlessly.  Today was one of those days.  I am ever grateful for anytime I have in my studio.  And know that the time will come when I can spend countless hours down here.....family first right now though. 
So onto the painting.  I started it at school on Monday.  And this is what it looked like when I started today at 2:00.  Not liking it too much.  I love a plain white background.  That seems to always make things look better when I'm in a quandry.  So that's what I did.
 Here's coat #1.  Looking rough, but very inspired by what is coming through.
And then I went for green.  I never ever go green on birdies.  But today I did.  Love that I got outta the box.
Lily was super glad to have me in the yellow chair too.  I love her company while I paint.  Her little warm belly makes me fuzzy inside.
So here's a close-up of one green birdie.  Loving the combinations.  The stark white against the cool colors is lovely.
So here it is all done up.  Complete with the stamped words, "Share Your Heart."  I've been sharing a lot of myself lately with friends and family.  Being kinder, gentler on myself too.  I'm even painting my fingernails.  As Amber noticed on instagram yesterday!  Simple acts that I've not done in years.  And I may even be using a different perfume everyday.....maybe.  I do have enough to last 2 weeks without repeats.  I love perfume a lot.  Didn't know that about me I bet!
This coming week I already have the idea in my head.  It's a little personal....so get the tissue ready.  Just warning ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment