Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week 34

So the words I see in this image, but just didn't have the heart to stamp are these:

"Sometimes when you give your whole heart away....it comes back to you."

Some unusual things have been happening in my life lately.  Doors are closing, old doors are re-opening, and some doors are coming off the hinge.  I've so much to say right now, and for a first time I don't really know how to say it or where to start.  I've so many ideas for the future of my art.  And perhaps that is why there is so much openness right now.  My body is trying to absorb it all because one day it will happen.  It will.  I was reading another artist's website the other day and found myself so excited with her direction, her motivation and her drive to create happy, meaningful art.  I've often felt I need to apologize for the simplicity of my work.  Or the whimsical nature of its' content.  But ya know what?  People need to see and hear from people like ME.  So I'm going to keep trucking on making art that includes lots of birds, heart balloons and bikes.  I'm also getting back to working on a real website(that I started 2 years ago).  One that will engage you and make you just slap happy happy.  Because that is what I want to put out into the world.  I am not a Debbie Downer.  I am not a half-empty girl.  I am half-full, and excited about the potential that lies within my hands.  I get wound up about the silliest things.  And I am passionate to a fault about others.  I love to blog, but I need to share my story in one platform.  So the story remains strong and the same.  The truth told once.   In blogging we tend to share more intimate sides of ourselves.  Our ups and our downs.  They happen all right.  And they suck.  Of course we all grow from those don't we?  And I love to share this side of me.  But I also want everyone to know what is behind the paintings, who is behind the paintings.  And be able to see this in one glance, not read 3 years of blog posts to figure it all out. 

Anyhoo...like I said so many thoughts....kinda random post.  But you get the idea.  I gave my heart away, and it came back.  And now I'm ready to start again.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Love your work. Love your voice. Love your energy! You inspire me! Please keep telling your story!

    ReplyDelete