Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week 17 with Special Guest

This weekend my little sister brought little man to Atlanta to stay with Mom until Wednesday, the 4th of July.    So Mom could get a little work done, we had Fielding over to our house for the day.  Since we were headed to the beach to meet up with Molly (and maybe give Fielding back)  I decided the 52 canvas HAD to be done while he was here.  Or else I'd have to take everything with me.  Originally I was thinking that'd be cool.  But on second thought...house full of kids and two Mommas, yeah, I'll be lucky to potty alone.  Much less get a painting made.  Besides, I had an amazing idea that really needed to be out into the world.  So while I painted, I pulled out an old canvas board and let him at it!  He lasted...oh....2 minutes tops.  Then stated, "I'm done.  Play cars with me?"  And off they went.  May (that's what he calls Mailey, isn't that cute?) kept him entertained all day.  Hide-n-seek is his favorite game.  But he likes to tell you where to hide.  And cars.  "Crash cars?"  He'd ask.  And all day she played.  I loved seeing that bond build.  Honestly we never thought there'd be a baby  from Molly...so the fact that he loves my children so much is real heart swelling.  Really.  Oh, and he wanted nothing to do with me all day.  Just May and William.  But mostly May.
Mailey painting his name on the back below on the porch.  She giggled at his skill level.  I reminded her that many people pay a fortune for art that looks just like what he painted in 2 minutes!  haha!
 So it appears that I am into Mason jars right now.  With stuff in them.  And Sherbert colors.  Speaking of Sherbert...have you seen or tasted the new orange watermelon??  OMG yum.  And the prettiest color of orange ever.
This time fireflies.  Because they are lighting up my little world right now.  They are magical to me.  I love looking out our back windows into the woods and seeing all the little flickers of light. Can not help but smile.  Little reminders that there is always a light waiting to be turned on in my creative mind. 
I also got the bright idea to use silver leaf.  Yeah.  Bright idea.  I've never used leafing and thought the directions seemed easy enough.  Giggle inserted now.  Georgia 102' heat, and back porch painting may have caused the static issue.  See below from the wrist to all my fingers!  All 10!
Yeah.  Funny I tell ya.  I followed the directions:  fancy glue on areas to foil, wax paper, rubbing, and voila!  It all stuck to me!  And where the glue was.  At least it worked.
 It's messy here....but wait until I get a hold of it with Stabilo pencil and a little collage papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment